photo source unknown

Friday, August 7, 2009

Part Two

The idea was a lightening bolt shot through my heart.

The idea that there are indeed real healers out there in the world and better yet, accessible to me. While it may seem strange that I believe in magick and yet am skeptical about the existence of bonafide ‘release’ healers I must admit that due to past experience I am skeptical. I’ve seen my fair share of people who profess to be healers, healers of the mind, body and spirit and I’ve not had overwhelmingly positive experiences with them.

I’ve seen acupuncturists that while the therapy might have been successful I was skeptical based on the fact that they don’t have an actual diagnosis they were working from, just a list of complaints. Seems a bit shoddy to me. The real kicker came when I was told that for the therapy to be effective I would have to see her at least once a week if not twice and that each session would be nearly $100.00. Yeah, right. Like I’ve got that kind of money.

The list goes on and on, I won’t bore you with the details. Same goes for psychics. I’ve blown a goodly amount of money there too. Usually they were highly recommended by others and each time I was at a place in my life where I desperately needed guidance, each time I was at a cross roads wondering which path to take. Only once did I ever get any useful information that was actually valid. That particular time was a lady I saw just by chance at a local occultist store. I’ve always wanted to believe, to take a chance on a different route. Every time I just end up feeling like a fool who threw money into the cosmic idiot well.

I’ve read so many testimonials about Solomon that I’m going for it. I’ve got the opportunity to see my mom’s naturopath if this doesn’t work out but if it does it would save me a lot of time and money not to mention restoring my faith in the healing community. One of the things that leads me to think he just might be the real deal is that he doesn’t charge for his services. Yeah, that’s right. Not a dime. You are free to offer a donation but it is in no way solicited or expected I am to understand. He does sell herbs and remedies to support the healing services that he offers but you are free to buy them anywhere you choose. It’s been said additionally that he offers the herbs at cost and does not make a dime on them making them far cheaper than anywhere else.

I’ve had such a good feeling about the whole thing that I was on cloud nine and ready to rush right there and see him, my heart was on board but my brain was doubtful. So I started doing more internet research on him. After much digging and prodding I found my first negative review of Solomon. The writer was not being intentionally cruel towards him but had some scathing reviews of his supposed healing ability. He reported that he and his mother had gone to see him. His mother had been diagnosed with end stage liver disease and was living on dialysis. This was her last ditch effort to be well and live. Solomon told her to get off of the dialysis and to take the recommended herbs and she would get better. The family decided that it was too risky to take her off of dialysis and she too was afraid she would die immediately so they opted to stay on the machine and just take the herbs. The son reported that while the herbs did make her feel much better and improved her quality of life they did not cure her cancer and while she lived much much longer than the doctors had predicted she did eventually pass away. He was bitter and angry that the cancer had not disappeared. She was not spontaneously healed. Okay. So, does this mean he is a sham? The doubt that entered my heart was piercing and my mind screamed “told you so, you fool! You’ll bankrupt us yet!”

After I calmed down a bit and thought about it more I had a dialog with myself about the nature of healing. Now, it would be lovely if we could all die in our sleep after a long peaceful existence. Is that possible? Is it possible in respect to the balance of the universe? Of course not. So obviously some people are not meant to be healed. The trials and tribulations we all go through in this life shape our path. They give meaning to our triumphs.

That said, there are many of us who suffer needlessly from easily cured ills. One of the things that can and will obliterate our health and well-being is FEAR. The woman and her family were afraid of death and so chose not to follow his ‘prescription’ for healing out of fear that it would not work and she would die. So to deny faith and resort to fear are not the best steps to take towards healing.

With these things flushed out in my mind I was back on track and realized that yes, I am willing to take that leap of faith. I have to believe that I can be healed. Every day I ask the Goddess and God to heal me and make me whole. I am willing to do what I have to do. If it isn’t in the cards for me to receive spontaneous healing than I’ll go the long route.

Once again I’m going to reach for the stars and hope that they meet me half way. I’m working towards preparing myself for this healing by honing my meditation skills and detoxing my body. I want to be ready so I can take the ball and run with it when it’s my turn!!

My prayer for everyone reading this is that you are able to find your own personal path towards health, love and light. We all deserve to be happy and healthy. It is our Goddess/God given right.

1 comment:

Giggly said...

I love reading your posts :-)
Thank you <3