photo source unknown

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A trip to the other side of this life

It's been so long since I posted about my spiritual journey it's difficult to catch up all at once.  Instead I'll write about what excites me most right now.  I have been reading a series of books by Dr. Michael Newton.  The first book is 'Journey of Souls', the second is 'Destiny of Souls' and the third I'm nearly finished with is titled 'Memories of the Afterlife'.  It's funny, these books have been sitting on my shelf for YEARS.  My mom read them long ago and was amazed by what she read, she ranted and raved about them and insisted that I read them, so she bought them for me and though I was interested I just never did end up picking them up.  Fast forward a few years and one day out of the blue I picked up Journey of Souls and started reading it.  I read for hours, I couldn't put it down, I was fascinated!!! I finished that one in short order and quickly flew thru the next and luckily my library had the third of which I only have about 10 pages left. 


These books have transformed me. 
Amazingly they line up with a majority of my core beliefs and nicely fill in the gaps where I had remaining questions, one big one being how karma works.  Instead of me reciting in detail what these books are about I would encourage you to go to the link above (highlighted text on Dr. Michael Newton) and browse around the site.  He's much better at explaining it than I am. 


The short & sweet of it is that Dr. Newton is a Master Hypnotherapist.  Dr. Newton discovered a way to regress his clients back even further than their past life recall state into the 'life between lives' level.  This is a much deeper level of hypnosis and one in which the client & therapist were able to recall with vivid detail what process souls go through after they have died and before they reincarnate.  This work describes in great detail how we process the lessons & information from our life just lived and how we choose our next life.  This is a tiny part of what is described by the books, there isn't a question that I could think of that wasn't answered at some point between the three books (mainly the first two- the third follows a different format.) 


Astonishingly I have found a therapist where I live who has trained directly with Dr. Newton and is offering the past life regression & life between lives sessions!  I have my first appointment for the past life regression this week!! And since I cannot walk he has offered to see me in my home!  Hot damn!  


For me, the most amazing thing of all is that when one is able to access the higher planes directly you are able to ask the questions that, if answered, could mean all the difference in the world as to why we-personally- are here.  What is my life's purpose in this incarnation?  How can I better overcome the hurdles that are present so that I may continue my souls evolution?  Everyone has their own questions, most are in concern over present day blocks be they creative, spiritual, physical, mental, etc. I cannot wait to compile my list of questions and take this journey to my higher self!  What a beautiful thing to experience with our human mind the timeless presence of our soul, our guides, and be able to ask the questions that keep us up at night.  The doubts, the fears, the wondering, the dreaming, to have that truth blaze thru the insecurity to facilitate greater knowing!


I want to evolve in this life. 
I don't want to muck thru, to merely exist.  I know there is more, I know the other side exists, I want to know how to integrate higher learning into my life, to find my life's purpose.  I have to find a way to make sense of this mortal life and reconcile that with my spiritual aspirations and beliefs.  I must find the harmony between the two.  I don't want to continue to feel such bitterness towards humanity, I'm practically a hermit at 32.  These books have helped immensely already in enlightening me about the true nature of humanity and the journey of the soul.  With each chapter the light bulbs just kept turning on, this work registers on a level that goes deeper to a place where I recognize truths that I have barely had a chance to make sense of with my puny human brain.

I'll let you know how it turns out.  I hope in my excitement that I didn't just splash out a bunch of jumblefucked up words that don't really mean anything...I've got wicked cramps and might have gotten a little carried away with my self medication this morning....hooo ha.

1 comment:

Giggly said...

This is the most exciting news!!