photo source unknown

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hypnotists and Bags of Tricks!

Firstly I want to wish you all a Blessed Samhain!!

It's the Witches' New Year!!!

I've made a few resolutions, same ones I've made for the last few years...I'm a work in progress, what can I say?

Moving on, I've got to give you the scoop (as promised) about the hypnotist.  It's an experience I am glad I had I guess though with a bit of research beforehand I could have made the decision to wait and saved myself some $$$.  Here's the deal, the guy came over to my house since I was still not able to walk at that point, the guys left for work at the same time he showed up, I figured it would be better this way for the least amount of distraction.  What it ended up doing was making me very uncomfortable to lay down and try to become (what I thought was) hypnotized by some stranger alone in my house.  I am a paranoid woman, there is no doubt about it.  I should have known that I wouldn't be comfortable in that situation.  It did occur to me but I talked myself around it.  Plus the damn cats were being so obnoxious, it's as though they knew we wanted them to be silent and decided to wreak havoc for cat-ly reasons.  Something about not giving a fuck about anyone but themselves.  It's their curse and their charm.  So be it.  Moving on, in closing it was a bust.  I wasn't able to fully relax and go thru the layers of meditation as needed to have a past life experience. 


Later that night I did some reading about past life regression/ hypnotism and found that it is an entirely different experience than I thought.  For one thing you are 100% aware and fully present throughout the entire process.  It is basically guided meditation.  The person wishing to have the past life experience does nearly all of the work to arrive at the said experience, it isn't something that someone else 'does to you' you do it for yourself and it's best to practice often as it is not an experience one is likely to have on the first go.  All things that would have been useful to know before I scheduled the hypnotist. 


I practiced that night with a guided mediation video and while I didn't have a past life experience I did feel the sensations that I read I 'should' experience to let me know I have reached the level of relaxation and detachment that is necessary to facilitate the full experience. This gives me hope and also spurs me on to endeavor to instill a meditation practice in my daily routine.  Wait, did I say routine?  Ha! Who am I kidding? I don't have a routine...though I've dreamt of them over the years and all the things I could get done if I had one.  One day...I haven't given up on myself just yet. 

No comments: