photo source unknown

Monday, January 4, 2010

Back at it!

Wow.

So, it's practically been forever since I last posted. What can I say? The holidays are brutally busy. Especially this year as I had my family coming to town to stay and wasn't able to get prepared as soon as I would have liked due to another death in the family and a cold. It's been quite a one-two punch for my husband this year having just lost his mother in Sept. and now losing his first grandparent on Dec. 23rd. And of course we all know that when something like that happens to your spouse it happens to you too. We must always support our other half, bolster them and shoulder the weight of daily life until they are able to rejoin the activities. All in all he & his family are doing okay, Christmas was hard but we knew it would be.

Christmas nearly didn't happen for me as my parents were driving and would have to go thru what was predicted to be one of the most brutal storms in many many years. They called to say they had heard the highways were going to be closed and they weren't going to make it. I poured myself a cocktail, settled into a movie and pouted.
That night when I went to sleep I expected to awaken to a winter wonderland, instead the sky was clear and the sun was shinning. My phone was also ringing....they were on the road!! Turns out the storm dissipated and they were able to get going anyway! They made it in good time and were all safe & sound on Christmas day. We celebrated the next day so everyone would be able to relax and be ready for it instead of just rushing thru to be able to celebrate it on Christmas day exact.

This wasn't the relaxing vacation I had been looking forward to ( I ended up having to work a few extra days) but it was nice and it's always great to see family even when that includes a surly brother who doesn't seem to enjoy my company. Oh well.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and were surrounded by love and comfort~

I'm getting some plans together to start some intensive work surrounding meditation and manifestation so there will be details soon!

2 comments:

Giggly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Esmeralda Bohemian said...

Thank you so very much, I wish all the same for you and your beautiful family!!