photo source unknown

Friday, October 16, 2009

The rollercoaster comes to a halt

We're recovering.

Life has begun to move steadily forward again instead of in drastic ups and downs. Of course we are still grieving the loss of my mother-in-law but the sharp sting has dissipated. I think it's a little different also for us because she had sooo many major health problems for so long and there were so many times that she went into surgeries that we weren't sure she would survive. We know that the last 12 years we had with her were miracle years, we could have lost her long ago after her first massive brain surgery. The upcoming holidays will be difficult indeed, I'm not thinking about that right now tho, just living for today. All I know is that there are finally good days again, it's not gloomy from start to finish.

I've begun to resume my spiritual studies as well after a long pause. I haven't had any time for myself outside of my responsibilities, caring for my husband, paying bills, cleaning, cooking & working of course. And, additionally, getting things in place to begin my yeast/metals detox diet which is proving to be quite the process. We had to order all new pots & pans as ours were calphalon and contain an aluminum core. Researching recipes has been work as well- once you cut out all sugars- including fructose the pickin's get a little slim. Soups are easy but man/woman cannot live on soup alone and I most certainly don't want to get burnt out on soup this early into the Autumn/Winter season!! Breakfasts & entrees are the toughie. I think I've got some stuff lined up though and after the farmer's market this saturday I'll retire to the kitchen where I'll put my new cookware to the test. Solomon thinks I will be amazed at how differently I feel once we've got all this under control, I am so excited for my new healthy me. A boost in my energy levels would sure be fantastic, I'm so tired all the time I just can't seem to do anything outside of work and the bare essentials.

Last night I finally got all of my 'work' out and started separating everything out into the different binders for my elaborate Book of Shadows project. I think I mentioned this previously but I'm going to have one big main BOS and then there will be three smaller accompanying volumes and one binder for my year & a day studies as well as the seeker classes I took with a different coven. I made massive headway last night and am primed to get moving forward again.

I'm also gathering materials & information for my flash card projects. Firstly I think I'm going to construct some cards to help me learn the standard Rider/Waite deck. Recently I've been working with my Osho Zen tarot deck and have been continuously awed by the insight that deck brings to me. I'll have to get more into that some day....I have to say though that it has been an amazing tool. I really would like to know more about the traditional tarot, even if I ultimately stick with the Osho Zen deck it's still something every proper Witch should know!

Anyone else made flashcards before? Any tips or pointers?
I'm always open to suggestions!!

No comments: