photo source unknown

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Update on healing

For the first time I feel hopeful. Returning from my visit with Solomon Wickey I've got a 'diagnosis' and hope.

Hope that I can get my life back. And the thing about it is that I don’t even know what to expect to get out of life considering that it is likely I’ve had this problem in at least small degrees since I was born.

The culprit?

Yeast and aluminum.

Seems silly. Seems inconsequential. When the healer told me that my body was overrun by yeast and aluminum I was relieved. This was my problem? No big deal. He didn’t smile back at me. He looked at me very seriously and in a grave tone of voice told me that this was very serious and was indeed life threatening. I was confused. I’ve never heard of someone dying because of yeast or aluminum.

Upon arriving home from my trip to see said healer I began to investigate just what yeast and aluminum can do to the human body. I was, well, am stunned. There it all was. Every strange seemingly unconnected malady I’ve been experiencing as far back as I can remember. I’ve had so many ah-ha! moments I feel like I’m in shock. Solomon suggested a diet to rid myself of the heavy metals build up as well as the systemic yeast and some herbs to support my system while I detox. From what I’ve read about what happens when you start killing off all of this rampant bad yeast it can be horribly painful and make you very very sick (mycotoxins). I think I should be okay with the support of the herbs and even if I do have to suffer through it I have to believe that nothing is worse than a lifetime of continuing as I have.

There is a wealth of information on systemic poisoning from both of these (yeast & aluminum) culprits all over the web. Yet ever single doctor I’ve seen for the last 22 years has missed the mark every time. Oftentimes prescribing me medications that have exacerbated my core issue of aluminum poisoning/systemic yeast. The headaches I began experiencing at age 9 weren’t normal. The muscle aches, joint pain, fatigue, memory loss, blurred vision, I could go on and on, but suffice to say- these things aren’t normal but the doctors told us that it was hormonal and I was just an early bloomer and not to worry everything would sort out as I got older. Only it didn’t. It all just got worse and worse.

For over 10 years now I’ve lived with a secret fear that I have a fatal disease. I’ve experienced health problems since I was very young but it’s been within the last 10 years that I’ve really started to be afraid of what was going on with my body. On the few occasions in my adult life that I’ve had healthcare and was able to afford the co-pay (insert argument for universal health care) I went to doctors with my fears and frantically tried to find the root, find out what was going on. Nothing. Not even a guess. I obtained a copy of my medical chart from one of my last docs and was shocked to see the word ‘hypochondriac’ written in the notes section.

Within the last year it's gotten the worst it's ever been. My hair got drastically more thin and my skin has been horrible, I started experiencing sycope (passing out for no reason at all) and have headaches weekly.

And now, within 5 min. an Amish man by the name of Solomon Wickey has changed my life and given me hope that I can be better than I have ever dreamed.
Everything I’ve read about systemic yeast and aluminum poisoning rings true. Now I know. I finally know how to heal myself.

Now for a quick tutorial of yeast overgrowth symptoms & links:

There are some differences between the symptoms/diseases that manifest in women as opposed to men with systemic yeast overgrowth, some of the issues pertaining to women;

“One of the most well known forms of yeast is the vaginal yeast infection. However, it may play a role in just about any mental health condition or chronic illness you can think of. Yeast overgrowth is considered to be a leading contributor in alcoholism, anxiety disorders, asthma, IBS- irritable bowel syndrome, addisons disease, MCS- multiple chemical sensitivites, crohns, autism, CFS- chronic fatigue syndrome, leaky gut syndrome, pms, endometriosis, FMS- fibromyalgia syndrome, prostatitis, ADD-attention deficit disorder, multiple sclerosis, asthma, food allergies, muscle and joint pain, clinical depression, repeated urinary tract infections, hormonal imbalances, migraines, digestive disturbances, difficult menopause, psoriasis, lupus, chronic pain, tourette's, vulvodynia, rheumatoid arthritis and many more.”

And for men;

“Common candida symptoms in males that don't fall under an actual disorder label may consist of irritability, cognitive difficulties, depression, inability to concentrate, fatigue, restlessness, anxiety, forgetfulness, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, frequent stomach aches, indigestion, heartburn, excessive shyness or feelings of being self-conscious, rashes and many more. Males with candida tend to get these labels: chronic prostatitis, hyperactive, learning disabilities, attention deficit disorder, conduct disorder, anger or rage disorders, alcoholic, drug addict, anti-social disorder, autism.

Please take the time to review some of the links to the articles I am providing that I feel have some valid information on the subject and see if you or someone you love is experiencing these problems. I absolutely believe that if I had ever stumbled upon any of this information years ago I would have recognized myself in these lists of symptoms and would have taken steps to rebalance the yeast in my system and cut out my exposure to aluminum as best I could.

These are by no means the definitive sources of information on the topics of systemic yeast overgrowth and/or aluminum poisoning, this is just what I have found so far and found to be informative. The book listed below has been the most extensive source so far.

Below is a great book that I am making my way through outlining a phase diet that helps to ease one into the yeast rebalancing diet. Has a ton of information, a bit overwhelming but the fact that the diet is done in phases is helpful and there is a lot of information on how to support your body thru this change.
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Candida-Yeast-Guidebook-Revised/dp/0761527400/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255040267&sr=8-1

Link to aluminum free cookware that is very affordably priced, read the descriptions for each piece or set carefully, some of them do contain aluminum but most do not. Recommended by Solomon:
http://www.realcook.com/

One of the most comprehensive websites discussing systemic yeast, be sure to click on the different tabs on the left side for more information
http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/index.html

A short but informative entry level article discussing aluminum toxicity
http://www.drpepi.com/aluminum-poisoning.php#

A more extensive list of symptoms of aluminum poisoning
http://home.earthlink.net/~joannefstruve/_wsn/page3.html


If you know of more/different sources of information on these topics I would love to know!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't want to discount what you may have found to be the right thing for you, but I will say that the aluminum website you pointed to is questionable at best. It's long been proven that heavy metal poisoning, including aluminum poisoning has NOTHING to do with autism. To have it listed there makes me very suspicious of the entire thing.

Esmeralda Bohemian said...

Thank you for your comment, I must respectfully say that with the research I have done that heavy metal poisoning has not been discounted as a possible cause/contributor to Autism. I however do not count myself as an expert by any means and would welcome each person to draw thier own conclusions. The website was just one I found quickly and may not be the best source of information. I have been doing all of my research through books and medical journals.

Giggly said...

That is s wonderful! To be able to work towards getting well, with the right diagnoses. I am so happy for you!

Tommyhoney said...

Hi There- I am very happy to have found your post on this subject. I too, saw Solomon recently, same issues...Alot of info out there, agreed.(thanks for the links) but not alot of support, I'm finding this very difficult & lonely, having been terribly ill for the past 2 yrs, I keep expecting to wake up feeling like that...I'm sure you can relate.
It has been a couple weeks since you've posted on this subject- how are things going if you don't mind?

Tommyhoney said...

Sorry, this pulled up your previous comment, and then I found that you HAD posted since then.

Esmeralda Bohemian said...

Tommyhoney, I would love to email/chat with you a bit and talk about our experiences and ask you a couple of questions about what you've been going through, please send me an email with an email address I can reach you at!

Tommyhoney said...

I can't find your email address, dear. (a little s-l-o-w, here) Is it here somewhere, and I'm overlooking?

Esmeralda Bohemian said...

Tommyhoney, my email address is philomenabohemian@gmail.com